The Battle River Music Society (BRMS) is a volunteer organization that was founded in December 2011.
Our mission is to host a music festival in east-central Alberta each summer.
2018 Board Membership (alphabetical)
- Todd Aughey – Director; Entertainment & Website
- Kathie Brown – Director; Facilities
- Carol Coleman – President & Partnerships
- Keith Currie – Vice President & Venue Logistics
- Gary Folk – Director; Beverage Gardens
- Desiree Gatin – Director; Children’s Programs
- Rob Landry – Secretary
- Theresa Landry – Director; Volunteers
- Eva Westergaard – Director; Vendors
- John Williams – Director; Venue
- Jim Zadorozny – Treasurer & Marketing
If you would like to join the BRMS, send us an email at email@example.com
We would like to thank all those that have contributed photos to our website. Two individuals deserve special mention for being our ‘official photographers’ over the years:
- Mr. Robert Hughes (2011-2016)
- Ms. Diane Boudreau (2017)
Others that have contributed photos: Marsha Clarke, Jim Zadorozny, Alok Dhungana, Don Harfield, Wayne / Gwen Gochee, Justine Vandergrift, and George Turnbull.
Nigel Elmer was a big part of the planning of our first two festivals. He was a constant positive presence on our Board and at Mistahiya. Nigel unfortunately passed away in 2012, leaving behind a wonderful live music-producing legacy.
We strive to meet the standard that Nigel set for our music festival. Thank you for your dedication Nigel. You are dearly missed.
Here is a short tribute to our friend Nigel from the 2013 festival…